Introduction

Welcome to my little corner of the internet. I am currently enrolled at Ole Miss as an International Studies major in the Croft School. Over the coming year I will be fullfilling my duties as international man of mystery by travelling across South America. This blog is an opportunity for you to follow my stories and live vicariously through them. Get in on the ground floor, this thing is going to be big.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Prelude: Expectations and the Nature of Blogging

They say the hardest part about rollerblading is telling your parents that you're gay. I've always felt the same way about blogging. It's fun in its own little way-much like I imagine rollerblading would be if for some reason I got that urge-but tends to leave me feeling a little shamed, and quite frankly, a little emasculated.

Not anymore. I've come around on this blog thing. Now don't get me wrong-if you avidly update your comic book blog or whatever other stupid shit some people write about on here, I probablly don't want to talk to you(edit-exhibit a:http://thyhum383.blogspot.com/)- but right now this just feels so right. I can see the furrowed eyebrows and worried looks already, it's cool guys. Really though, I figure this would be the best way to address my many fans, admirers, friends, family, whatever, and let you get your R.J. fix when you will inevitably miss my humor and company and what not.

I intend to write on this thing as often as I can, keeping you sorry saps updated on my exotic new life in strange and faraway lands. I would expect 'blogs' on all sorts of things from food to soccer, etc. I will also probably ridicule people I meet, post some cool pictures, and who knows...maybe even expand your minds a little bit.

So sit back, subscribe if you're into that sort of thing, and get ready because this is going to be epic.

And on a side note, check out Miguelinho's blog if you haven't for a little taste of action across the river.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha who the fuck doesn't like baseball? jesus.


haha I lol'd though