Water! Finally, we have water again! I have spent the last two days living with no water, which is as just as big of a pain as it sounds. It's incredibly demoralizing to turn the faucet handle and have nothing come out. Not even a drop. One of the big pipelines broke a few nights back and left a quarter of the city without water. We were reassured via radio that the situation would be resolved by the next morning-about twelve hours away. I don't know whether it's the fact that this is a "third world country" or that the people here are just incredibly lazy, but it took about four times that long. In fact, we later found out that they didn't actually know where the hole was, and it still hadn't been after the original twelve hours. Sweet.
Life is good otherwise. I feel like I'm slowly getting a grip on econ in Spanish, which has provided several interesting challenges thus far. Unfortunately(serious), I will be missing class today to go to a soccer tournament. Soccer this weekend and apparently a three day weekend coming up so I may be heading to visit a friend; the weekend after that Dad comes. All in all it's going to be a busy few weeks, especially when you take into account the mid term sort of tests coming up in May. I'm hoping soccer doesn't suffer as I'm still trying to break into the squad but we'll see.
17 years ago
1 comment:
good luck with the soccer!
Post a Comment