Introduction

Welcome to my little corner of the internet. I am currently enrolled at Ole Miss as an International Studies major in the Croft School. Over the coming year I will be fullfilling my duties as international man of mystery by travelling across South America. This blog is an opportunity for you to follow my stories and live vicariously through them. Get in on the ground floor, this thing is going to be big.

Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Quick Update

Just a quick update to keep your appetites sated.


I started Community Service last week, which went well. I was greeted by gasps of awe upon entering the room. Seconds later one of the kids would stand up and point saying, "he's gigantic!" That was pretty cool. A little while later one of the kids decided to get out of his chair, run over and hug my leg. Prompted by the enthusiasm I picked the kid up for a second, for some reason every small child loves being lifted overhead. Of course I spent the next fifteen minutes picking up the rest of the little kids.


I'm big over here, but not giant, but I must be to a small child. Most of the time that was supposed to be spent in small groups doing something structured I just played with the kids. Two in particular were quite animated. Franco, the one who initially stood up and yelled, and Agustin. Highlights: Franco giving me a drawing of the two of us, complete with my horns and all, and for some reason Agustin smelling my leg "Huele muy bien!"

They're about what you would expect from a group of 5 year olds, fun but a lot of work.


I trained a few more times with the soccer team, 3 total now, although only twice with a ball. I'm looking forward to getting into the squad, and I'm officially part of the team now. The game this weekend was a lot of fun and we won 6-2. Picture of me in the uniform(note the size) attached. Pictures from the beach still coming in the future.



As for today, Sunday, I went and got a helado before meeting some friends on the beach. We played a bit of volleyball and hung out for the sunset and what not. I stopped by a Chivito(sandwich with steak, ham, bacon, egg, lettuce, pepper, tomato) place that always smells really good on the way home. It was a religious experience. I think I will try and take the camera next time I go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmm Chivito.... sounds delicious and highly anabolic : )

.... may not live past 40 though if that were a staple.

ceililove said...

role model to small children.